Living Planet Fellowship > Call 2015
Call for Research Proposal 2015:
On behalf of the European Space Agency (ESA), we are pleased to invite you to participate to the second Call for Research Proposals of the Living Planet Fellowship.
The main objective of this initiative is to provide support to young researchers who have a doctoral degree and who would like to initiate a scientific career in the context of Earth Observation, Earth science and Climate research. This second call is dedicated to research proposals supporting candidate researchers responding to the Climate Change Initiative (http://www.esa-cci.org), specifically targetting:
- Exploitation of Essential Climate Variable (ECV) products generated by the ESA's Climate Change Initiative (CCI) for improved understanding of the climate system.
- Examining Cross-ECV consistency and multiple ECV use (those under the CCI Programme in particular).
1. Call for Research Proposals Package
The Call for Research Proposals package includes the following documents:
- Cover Letter: L15_CCI_034_The Living Planet Fellowship call for Research Proposals for CCI 2015
- Appendix 1: Call for Research Proposals 2015 (Including its Annex A: ESA Climate Change Initiative, Annex B: Proposal Template and Annex C: PSS form)
- Appendix 2: Draft Partnership Agreement
In order to respond to this Call, you must submit all of the documents described at Section 2.3 of the Call for Research Proposals (Appendix 1).
The documentation (Call for Research Proposals package) can be downloaded here.
2. Institutions Entitled to Participate in the Call
Projects carried out under this call will be funded under the Climate Change Initiative (CCI) element of ESA's European Earth Watch Programme (Earth Watch). Earth Watch is an optional programme of the Agency, and participation in a project is restricted to institutions which have their registered office in one of the following Participating States: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Luxembourg, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
3. Closing Date
Your proposal and all supporting documents must be sent by e-mail to: Climate.Office@esa.int by no later than 30 August 2015 (the Closing Date).
Any questions relating to this Call must be sent, by e-mail to Climate.Office@esa.int, not later than two (2) weeks before the Closing Date.